The hydroelectric power plant at Roški slap waterfall
HPP Roški slap is a valuable monument of industrial architecture integrated into the ambience of the protected area.
The HPP Roški slap was built in 1909/1910 on the basis of water concessions obtained by the coal mining companies Monte Promina from Siverić and Dalmatia from Velušić. The 28 km long transmission line supplied electricity to the mining facilities in Siverić. In 1915, the town of Drniš was connected to this transmission line. Until 1918, HPP Roški slap was among the ten largest power plants in Croatia. After the end of the Homeland War, in 1996, the generators were replaced by new ones, and the process of the production and distribution of electricity was fully automated.